I was fully prepared to flip a table. And then I just cried.
See, Rowling largely operates Harry’s generation in a clear system of parallels to the previous generation, Marauders and all. Harry is his father—Quidditch star, a little pig-headed sometimes, an excellent leader. Ron is Sirius Black—snarky and fun, loyal to a fault, mired in self-doubts. Hermione is Remus Lupin—book smart and meticulous, always level-headed, unfailingly perceptive. Ginny is Lily Evans—a firecracker, clever and kind, unwilling to take excuses. Draco Malfoy is Severus Snape—a natural foil to Harry, pretentious, possessed of the frailest ego and also deeper sense of right and wrong when it counts. And guess what? Neville Longbottom is Peter Pettigrew.
Neville is a perfect example of how one single ingredient in the recipe can either ruin your casserole (or stew, or treacle tart, whatever you like), or utterly perfect your whole dish. Neville is the tide-turner, the shiny hinge. And all because he happens to be in the same position as Wormtail… but makes all the hard choices that Pettigrew refused the first time around. Other characters are in similar positions, but none of them go so far as Neville. None of them prove that the shaping of destiny is all on the individual the way he does.
[70/??] Audrey Hepburn as Princess Ann in Roman Holiday (1953)
↳ “I have to leave you now. I’m going to that corner there, and turning. You will stay in the car and drive away. Promise not to watch me go beyond the corner? Just … Drive away, and leave me, as I leave you. … I don’t know how to say ‘goodbye,’ I can’t think of any words.
Aaah! Thanks for asking this! You’ve made my day :)
Ten facts about me:
1. I love socks. Like…way more than an average person would/should. This includes tights, knee socks…any socks.
2. If I were a cartoon character, my shirt (you know how they always have one shirt, and sometimes even show their closet full of their same outfit repeatedly?) would be this black and white striped shirt that I love and wear allllll the time. It would be switched up with various colors of cardigans.
3. I would love to be in/create my own little cartoon. See fact 2…
4. I desperately want to go to England. It is my dream. I am a HUGE anglophile.
5. I want to marry Ben Gibbard’s voice. Not even Ben Gibbard (though really, I would so marry HIM too), just his freaking gorgeous, amazing, perfect, lovely voice. We would be perfect for each other, his voice and I.
6. If I could meet any famous person, dead or alive, it would be a three-way tie between Vincent Van Gogh, Walt Disney, and Paul McCartney.
7. Beards on attractive men are my greatest weakness.
8. I love pie. Apple is my favorite.
9. I really want to go to Hogwarts. Very bad. Especially because then I could meet the real Sorting Hat and finally know the truth. I am torn between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor…always getting different results from quizzes and stuff. I am a Huffledor/Gryffinpuff as of right now.
10. I love quilts. I finally completed my first quilt a while ago, and have slowly been working on another one. I also have all the fabric for a third quilt, but I am convinced I will never find the time to finish any of them :P